Preparation and planning are keys for a smooth relocation. Moving day is one of those last steps when moving that we all want to get done quickly and smoothly. A well-planned move enables you to know what to expect on the actual moving day. So when it’s time for moving day, it’s best to have a solid, uncomplicated plan to make it as easy as possible.
1. Packing when moving
If you are packing your belongings to be loaded onto the moving truck, pack them appropriate and label all the boxes, organized by a room of their destination at a new place. Be ready with all the boxes 1 or 2 days before the movers show up.
2. Essential bag when moving
Prepare moving essentials bag – a small suitcase you pack up with anything you’ll need on moving day and few days after, as well as things you do not want to put on the truck: cash, jewelry, and prescription medications. Take things like phone chargers, toiletries, medicines, and extra sets of clothes. Hopefully, you’ve already done your deep clean, but if the place isn’t cleaned and you aren’t paying for a cleaner, leave basic cleaning supplies unpacked too.
3. Moving truck plan when loading
Assist your movers, first, by making sure you know where they can park their truck, how they can best access your house, and if there are any time limitations on parking and moving hours (your movers operate on the assumption that this information has been researched).
4. Meals when moving
Have some drinks and snacks ready for everyone involved in the process on moving day. Prepare some dishes beforehand using last perishables or order pizza as a variant.
Helping hand when moving
- Keep close enough so your movers can find you if they need you. It’s important to stay out of the way, sure, but you’ll need to oversee the process and answer their questions.
- Get the bill of lading from the driver of a truck. It should be similar or the same to your order of service. If you have any concerns or questions, address them before you sign and keep your copy handy. Also, if you disagree with an item’s condition as listed by the driver in his inventory sheet, make a note of it on the official inventory sheet.
- If you hired a professional moving company, be sure to have cash on hand on moving day for tips.
Last-Minute Check Plan on Moving Day
- Go through the house and keep an eye out for anything you might have forgotten. Open all of your cabinets and check every single one of your closets, including the very backs of shelves. Make sure that anything you plan to take with you is packed and ready to go.
- Check for any damage the movers may have caused and document it if any occurred.
No matter how many things you move, each time feels overwhelming due to all the things that need to be done. Now you can use our guide to help you get ready and well-prepared for your moving day. And one more tip in the end. If you want to save money and stay calm you better hire professionals for your move. Self-packing, self-loading and self-manage moving requires a lot of effort, time and stress and still offer up risks during your move. Moving helpers has a great experience in any distance residential and corporate moving. Don’t be shy to give us a call and ask any kind of questions connecting your move. We are always open to provide you with all kinds of information. Calculate your long-distance move right here and right now.